The Entrepreneur's Mindset
Entrepreneur - "A person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on greater than normal financial risks in order to do so. "
Yes that is the technical definition of an entrepreneur but what is the entrepreneur's mindset and how does that relate to you as you learn how to start a lawn care business? It is important to realize that highly successful entrepreneurs share certain character traits.
- First and foremost they take action. Anybody can day-dream, but it takes a certain kind of person to see a new venture through from concept to reality (this includes starting a lawn care business)
- They are self-motivated. The entrepreneur wakes up each morning determined to accomplish his goals, and is not content to sit back and wait for other people to make it happen.
- They take risks. If you are averse to risk then entrepreneurship is not for you. New businesses inherently come with risk. Embrace it. Remember that fortune favors the bold.
- They are resourceful. You will notice that throughout the articles on this site I give suggestions on how to "creatively" deal with business obstacles. That's because the truth is you will run into your very own unique roadblocks, and there will be no blueprint for how to deal with them.
- They can see the forest for the trees. Yes they are driven in their daily tasks but they are able to step outside of that and take a snapshot from ten thousand feet. They stay focused on where they're headed, not just where they're currently at.
- They know that the path to financial freedom involves making their own trail. No one ever had a groundbreaking idea by simply following everyone else.
- They are process-oriented. After a goal is identified, a procedure is established that is followed every time to ensure efficient as well as consistent results. Nothing should be left to chance!
Lawntrepreneur Quote of the day
"I'm convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perserverance."Steve Jobs, Co-Founder of Apple